Food Deserts Exist Right Here in America
Food Insecurity Is on the Rise
Food Bank Expansion Can Support Smaller, Stretched Hunger Relief Organizations (HRO’s)
- A recent 12-state study showed an average of less than 5 HRO’s per 100,000 people and 7 per 1000 square miles
- Less than 16% of all census tracts had at least one HRO with nearly 65% being smaller faith based pantry locations – not food banks
- Nearly 35% of HROs lack hours of operation information, while 50% of those that do are open 2 or more days a week, often limited to holidays.
- Only 36% of food insecure households and less than 7% of all households used a HRO in 2020
- While Feeding America advertises over 200 food banks and 60K food programs, almost none are able to accept EBT for federal aid
Nearly 34 million people in the US live in food-insecure households
See for yourself
Schedule a Demo Today
We’re looking forward to showing you how our solution enhances accessibility and convenience for food banks and their communities.